Honey Soy Dressing
1/8 cup vegetable oil
3 Tbsp dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper (I used Aleppo, and probably a full 1/2 Tablespoon)
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 package baked tofu (I used the "Thai" flavor)
8 ounces of vermicelli (i.e. angel hair pasta)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (more is fine)
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
1 bunch thinly sliced green onions
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions in salted water. Drain.
- Prepare the dressing by combining (in a large microwave safe bowl) the oils and red pepper and nuking for 2 minutes. After the oil is heated, and the chili has been infused (yum!), add the honey and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Add the pasta to the oil mixture and chill for several hours.
- After you've mixed the pasta, prep the rest of the ingredients for easy assembly later. Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes. Warm a pan on the stove on medium high heat. Add some vegetable oil (about 2 Tbsp) and wait for the oil to get hot. Carefully add the tofu (the oil will spit at you.) Brown the tofu on all sides (about 2 minutes, per) and place in a Tupperware. Add to the Tupperware the chopped cilantro, onions and red pepper.
- When ready to eat, combine the noodles with the Tupperware contents and top each serving with peanuts and sesame seeds.